So, this is it, my very first installment onto my blog.
My Life In Rhythm..... blimey, that was a task in itself just trying to find a name. I was so excited about starting the blog, and I have loads of ideas for different subjects I want to post about, but I couldn't get started until I had a unique and smart sounding title.
I wrote down as many different options for a title that I could find, and yet none of them were jumping out to me....
A Dancers World.......Nope, not feeling it
The Boy Who Just Wants To Dance...... Too long
The Dancer Chronicles.... Woo a bit much!
I even asked my followers on Twitter for help, the only person who replied was a guy I've never even met, who said... "How about 'Too much to say, too little time'..." not a bad option, but just not personal enough and plus, I have actually got quite a bit of time on my hands, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to vent all my thoughts before bedtime comes along. So thanks Mr Randomdudeontwitter, but no thanks.
So then I took to looking up quotes about dance on the internet as I thought, perhaps if I find a good one I can personalise it. I actually found some really good ones:
To Watch Us Dance Is To Hear Our Heart Speak
Dance Is The Hidden Language Of The Soul
Dancing Is Poetry Of The Foot
Dancers Are Messengers Of The Gods.....Wowsa, that makes us sound awesome!!!
And then I saw this:
Dance To The Rhythm Of Your Heart..... it's beautiful, but not what I want, however 'rhythm' could be used.... The Rhythm Of Life! YES I'VE GOT IT!! The Rhythm Of My Life!
I finally had my title, entered it into the box and clicked "Check Availability".... waiting, waiting.... come on!.... "Sorry, this title is unavailable"...D'OH!!!!
But then all it took was a quick jumble round of the words, minus 'The' and 'Of', add 'In'... Voila!!
My Life In Rhythm
I think it's perfect because life does have a rhythm, from the repeating sequence of weekdays, getting up and going to work. To the exciting, cresendo of birthday parties, days out, nights out, job interviews and auditions and then the slowing down, sombre moments in life.... which we don't like to talk/think about! But that proves that life has its ups and downs, much like the rhythm of a song.
Not only is the title suitable for that reason, but also because if you haven't already noticed, I love love love LOVE to dance. Dancing is a HUUUGE part of my life. I have danced since I was a young lad, and fell in love with it straight away. It's a huge passion in my life, and I couldn't imagine not doing it. From ballet to swing to contemporary to hip hop, you name it, I love it.
I have basically grown up dancing and met and made the best group of friends through dance, as well as my gorgeous girlfriend, Alison.
So in that sense my life has been in rhythm also.
So there we have it, my explanation for the title, and now I can't wait to get started on all my other posts.
..... I still think "Dancers Are Messengers Of The Gods" would have been brilliant!
No comments:
Post a Comment