Thursday, 8 March 2012

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel

So this week started off on a bit of a downer, I had an awesome weekend away with my lovely friends in sunny Manchester.  We had great fun, but then going back to work on Monday was a huge come down, but then that's life eh!
Tuesday came along and I seemed to have this huge amount of negative attitude, I'm never normally like that, I like to look on the bright side of life.  I had a bit of a rubbish day at work which didn't help and then in the evening I had a bit of a rubbish dance class, so that just put me further down.  I was in one of those moods when you question everything you're doing with your life.  There is an audition on Friday of this week for Dirty Dancing and my parents and friends were telling me to go for it but I found myself coming up with loads of excuses as to why I shouldn't go?... I think that was a first.  I knew there wasn't really a reason why I shouldn't go, I had booked the day off of work, so that was fine.  I just really didn't fancy it.  I think because it's an open audition didn't help.  I know that come Friday there will be hundreds of guys queueing up and that they will spend pretty much their whole day there, and I thought, why should I give up my day when I'm probably not going to get the job??.... This was the first time I had felt so negative about going for an audition.... perhaps that annoying b*tch Linda Queen actually did get to me??  Perhaps my confidence had taken a bit of a late knocking?

Wednesday morning came around and I felt slightly better, still not 100% on whether going to the audition was a good idea or not, but as a whole a lot more positive.  I thought to myself that day that, if I was going to do the audition I needed to make my mind up and get my head around it, because if I went to it feeling not quite sure then it would show in my performance and it would be my fault that I didn't get the job, nothing to do with the casting directors.
So I thought, right I'll go for it!!

That was until today!
I received a text from a dancer friend, asking what I was up to tomorrow (Friday - Audition day), so I explained that I was going to go for an audition and she replied saying that if I didn't do the audition, she has a job offer for me!  Sounds interesting.  She went on to say that she is doing a job and they are looking for a male ballet dancer, it's going to be from 8am-4pm and we will be dancing in Trafalgar Square in London!!!  How awesome!  Not only that, it's for the opening of a very popular talent show!!  AND!  It's a flash mob, which I love!!  If any of you are not sure what a flash mob is, it's when you take a very normal location and all of a sudden the people around you (who you thought were normal pedestrians) burst into song and dance, like something out of a Disney film.  Here is a link to one of my favourites!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

So I decided to go for it anyway!!  Really excited about it, so I will let you know how it all goes!
Just goes to show that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how down you get, you just got to keep on going and something good will come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment