Tuesday, 7 February 2012

And the award for most stressful chore goes to.... applying for a visa!

So the countdown begins!

Not long now, Alison and I will be moving up to Northampton for rehearsals.
I'm really really getting nervous the closer it gets.  This week just seems so surreal.  It's very strange being at work and thinking that this is the last week that I'm going to be here, I'm never going to be coming back.  It's a stressful week that's for sure, what with sorting out lesson plans for when we're on the ship and trying to organise paperwork for the offices.  The most annoying job definitely goes to applying for a visa!!  It's so much grief, I still am not 100% on whether or not I have done it right.  We have an appointment scheduled for next week but that's when our rehearsals start so not totally sure how we will manage that.... guess we will just have to wait and see.
Although I am going to miss being at home with everyone so so so much, I kind of want this week to be over with already.  The stress of pre-cruise nerves, visas, paperwork, financial information, leaving my job, choreographing routines, making lesson plans is just topping me over the edge.  I think by the time Saturday arrives and I have to say goodbye to my friends and family, I am most definitely going to be a complete emotional wreck.  I'm so drained... mentally!  Kind of looking forward to being just physically drained at the rehearsals and concentrating on the routines and nothing else.
We have been told a few times now to watch our accents and make sure we are practising our "posh" voices... I'm not so great with that!  Oh well, perhaps I'll just let Alison do the talking.
This Saturday I plan to have a lovely meal with the family and then in the evening go for a great night out with all my best friends and party the night away.  Should be good fun!

I guess the next post I do will be when I'm in rehearsals, so I'll let you know how they're going and whether or not our brains are close to exploding.
Any of you who are thinking of working on a cruise, get the visa part done first, just get it out of the way because it's such a chore.

Also if there are any dancing couples out there like Alison and I, and you're thinking of trying to get onto a cruise ship, make sure you know some ballroom and latin because that's pretty much what every company will be looking for in a dance couple.
We have started ballroom and latin classes in Sittingbourne, £21 for a 1 hour private lesson, not bad!  And my waltz is top notch now... I think!  Hehe!  Anyway I will be back in touch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment